Tuesday, May 31, 2011

When Life Strikes Midnight!

Have you ever wondered where the time went? It seems like just yesterday that I was in elementary school and then I wake up today to realize I am now in my 40's. What happened during all those years? Life is what happened during that time. Was I asleep or was I faithful to the task that was at hand. The Bible says in James 4:14 "Yet you do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapor that appears for a little while and then vanishes away." For every person there is a personal clock that will strike midnight. Every day is a gift from God. There are so many days that I find myself wasting the day away on self. There is a world out there that needs a touch of hope and a belief in a really God who loves them. We were put on this earth to be witnesses to the hope that we have found in Jesus Christ. God has gifted us and given us a a mission to be used by God Himself. Just ponder on that for a moment. The Creator of the Universe and who wonderfully and fearfully made you wants to use you in His plan. He doesn't see how we view ourselves. God sees hidden treasure that rests in the heart of every believer in Him. Sometimes we just have to be reminded who we are and what are purpose is in this life. The world will tell you that the meaning of life is you and to live it up because you only have one shot. However, as a Christian we know that the purpose of life is to glorify God. God is preparing us for what comes next after death. For a Christian they know where they are going after this life. But, there are many people who don't have a foggiest idea what comes next. The Bible says that there comes a time for every man to die and then judgment. What does that mean? It means that God has every person's days numbered and then we will have to give an account for what we did with the truth of Jesus Christ being Lord and Savior. For Christians, Jesus has already paid the penalty on the Cross. However, those who have rejected Christ will face the ultimate penalty, which is eternal separation from the love of God. God has given us the precious gift of today to decide who we will follow: self or God. Let us not waste one more day or moment for that matter. Let us call on the only name, Jesus Christ that will set us free from eternal death and even ourselves. There was a times in my life where I didn't want to have anything to do with God. I went through a period where I blamed God for my disability. I realized that there were more important things in life than being born with a disability and that was how I was going to live my life for Him even in the midst of my legs not working. I had built an altar around me and found myself idolizing myself. I had to remove myself from the throne of my heart and invite Christ to take His rightful position. I have learned that God is sovereign and He is a good God. He has given me life to the fullest. What does that look like? It means that He has given me something that I could not earn. He gave me a gift and it will take me a lifetime to unwrap and really appreciate to the fullest extent of what this gift really looks like. It it is eternal life with Him in His home where I will be able to run, jump, and climb. I will be able to exchange this wheelchair that I set in day in and day out for legs that will not give out. I have decided that I will live for the rest of my life telling others about this precious gift because I know that time is getting away from me. I am 40 today but tomorrow I will be 80 if the Lord chooses to keep me here that long. I choose to not to go to Heaven alone but take as many people with me as I possibly can. What is your answer? Because He is calling you! Say yes to the greatest gift that you will ever receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment